Monday, December 15, 2008

Grandma July 23, 1913 - Dec 6, 2008


One week after I returned from Japan, my precious Grandma passed on. I talked to family, Susie, Georgie and Kathleen, three of the surviving children who were present during her last days since Grandma had become too weak to even talk on the phone. Georgie reassured me that Grandma had seen my post card from Japan, sadly my last contact with her. I called Susie at her bedside about three hours before her passing and she agreed to give her a hug from me.

Great-Grandma Lucas, Grandma Flury, Mom and me

Her life was a devotion to her family. Certainly my most precious memories were of the visits to the family home in Ohio and the time I could steal away with her.

Kathleen told me that Grandma had picked out a peach colored dress with a white collar and gold buttons. The flowers were her favorite yellow roses, with peach roses and baby's breath. She was sure that Grandma was quite pleased. My brother Phil was the only one of us to make it to the funeral but Stan, Becky and I each vowed our candlelight vigils and prayers to help her transition.


Picturs borrowed from Stan's fall trip
Text and pictures © 2008 Mona E. Dunn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home