Monday, August 18, 2008

Family, Critters, and Neighbors


My sister Becky made the long ride out from Nevada to pick up some Double MD hay and a 4 horse trailer we'de been wanting her to have. I truly enjoy the sister bonding in our adult lives that we weren't able to have as children. The cats had discovered a rabbit nest and were playing with the fourth one I'de seen around and we managed to save it. Becky became attached despite Clark's admonitions that they rarely survived captivity.



The last couple days I suspected that something besides insects were devouring my roses. Not a trace of petal could be found. We have observed a mangy guest in the barn the last couple days and I suspect that he has an appetite for them.




We have been enjoying having Sindy and her boys, Seth and Ezra, as neighbors this summer. They are quite colorful and full of life. They spend much of the year travelling between her father's farms aiding in his operations. She often comes bearing gifts of cookies or eggs.




I bought four dozen ears of sweet corn from a local farmer to freeze. I was so sweet, fresh from the field, that you really didn't even need to cook it except to warm it for the butter. A little time consuming but I think I'll have to go back for more.



Text and pictures © 2008 Mona E. Dunn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home