Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Dream Ending

First I must mention that the sleeping arrangements have been deluxe. I loved the Marshmallow Bed - air mattress, futon mattress, flannel sheets, electric blanket (for the toasted effect) and down comforter.Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Commuting between Alameda and the City was joy on the Blue and Gold Fleet Ferry. You could sit out on the back deck and share the marvels of the Bay Area the other non-locals.Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comWith everyone back to their routine on Tuesday, I chose to see the ocean one more time and hike the trail at the tip of the San Francisco Peninsula, starting at the Cliff house and coming out at Seacliff, one of the ritzyist neighborhoods in the City.Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Along the way I finally found a nice rocky beach to look for treasures.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
On the last day Stan, Pat and I took the ferry into the City for the last time. We walked around the Mascone Center, up into the Marriott, and had lunch with Serena on a nice little patio with a fountain behind a neighborhood bistro. In the bistro style, a couple guys were improvising with a guitar.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Coming home, was more culture shock than being in the City. After being thoroughly absorbed in and glory of spring colors, greenery and scents, I had to face a couple more months of the dry, windswept, brown hills of Wyoming. After the allure and diversity this unique landscape, of this great melting pot, of all the money and what it can buy, I have to face the bleak reality of the drought and the struggle to be productive in spite of it. Now, after some weeks at home, new birds are singing, I have dirt under my finger nails, I've continued reading my inspirational books, and my love and compassion for Clark has put things back into perspective. I know what I must do but I still can't help thinking of the words of Jules LaForgue "Oh, how daily life is".

" I left my heart in San Francisco
High on a hill, it calls to me...
Above the blue and windy sea
When I come home to you, San Francisco,
Your golden sun will shine for me!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

From there

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To here

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Text © 2004 Mona E. Dunn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home