Wednesday, June 11, 2008

REALLY, Enough Is Enough...



Well, It's almost Father's Day, the middle of June, and we have had a variety of weather; rainy and windy,cold and windy, hot and windy, windy and windier. Need I say more? Today I really needed to finish mowing the lawn. By time I got out at 1:00pm the temperature had dropped from about 62 to about 46 degrees.

This has been the most frustrating year for gardening as I started out determined to grow a stash of vegetables for the winter as well as my summer grazing. I resigned myself to constructing wind breaks for the southerly and western winds. Feeling smug about that success (only because the plants I put out are still short) the wind last night reared it's ugly, cold, high gusted head from the north after dinner.

I am really beside myself, outraged and helpless as the wind continues to howl outside, with 50 mph gusts, while my tomato and squash plants sit on the the porch getting more root bound by the day. Better than shredded in the yard I suppose.





Text and pictures © 2008 Mona E. Dunn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home