Monday, May 26, 2008

Friends and Family


I went down to Ft Collins to visit Stan and Pat during Mother's Day weekend. Stan had the most lucious pansies he had picked out at a local nursery. Friday night we went to an art opening with great food. ( not so notable art) Saturday night after a full day of shopping including Goodwill's half off sale and a couple of bead stores where Stan dutifully waited as I pawed through the goods, we headed home to grill some steaks and shrimp. At this point I was ready to go simple but Stan kicked into gear and produced an exellent meal starting with selections from the olive bar, brie with crackers and a chardonnay, then colorful baked veggies, avacado salad and a nice pinot noir to have with the grillings. I was overwhelmed by all the goodies which at home I would try to make last a week!



Stan, always the artist, using his paint brush to keep the trimmer and trimee cleaned off.




The week before, my best friend ever, Mariah, stopped to visit on her way home to New Mexico from Seattle. I have looked forward to this visit for years. The infamous cold Wyoming wind kept us indoors most of the time but we had so much to catch up on it didn't matter what the world was up to. We did have one nice day to go rock hunting and barbeque. She stayed for her bithday and by request I made a peach raspberry upside down cake. I pledged my unremitting love and adoration 'til end of time.




Diana's best friend, Pat, also from NM, was passing through a couple weeks ago. We had a yard sale at Diana's in town. They came out another day and we shared a light lunch. They had been raised together on and off over the years as their fathers travelled for work. I believe they consider themselves closer than family.



Last week Cole's mother, Kash, stopped on her way home to North Dakota. She has many interesting siblings we met at the wedding party in Albuquerque. Serena and Cole flew out to Minnesota on the red eye express after work on Friday to spend at least a week visiting everyone. Kash had planned a short stop but since it was getting late in the day I offered her a beer and we proceeded to barbeque. I was hoping it might work out that way. We are both cut out of the same cloth (tie dyed) but really hadn't ever had the time to compare notes. We definately have a lot in common right down to the love of rock collecting.

What do you call the relationship between two mother-in-laws?
Muy bueno!

Text and pictures © 2008 Mona E. Dunn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home