Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Most Venerable Grandma- Happy 93rd Birthday!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
First four and new house underway
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Five and counting to eight kids

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Four generations

Can we ever appreciate our grandparents enough? The most precious,loving,and constant person in my life was my grandmother. Grandma Rimpoche (Precious One:Tibetan) Decades before I became aquainted with the concepts of selfless giving and compassion of Buddhism, my Grandma demonstrated these innate qualities.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We moved from Ohio and moved several times again about every four years while I was in school. But going to spend a couple weeks in the summer with Grandma, was much anticipated. I would always get up earlier that the others so I could have my quiet time over oatmeal with Grandma and Grandma Cat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
75th Birthday Party

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Second husband, Ray, made her feel like a Lady

It pains me to think that she will probably not meet her first great-great-grandson, Jake, (my grandson) because of the distances and expense of travel these days. I did manage to take the kids on a couple trips to see her, the last of which was 17 years ago. Just another indication of the demise of family and family values. The family core is melting along with the ice caps!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Train station in Albuquerque. She got a kick out of having the Honeymoon Suite in the hotel where I worked!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Last trip to Ohio in 2002 with Becky











Text and pictures © 2005 Mona E. Dunn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home